Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday = Sick Day

Well, today I called in sick to work and although I know it was the right call I always feel embarassed and bad about doing so. I have a good 140+ hours sick leave just sitting in the bank but it still feels icky to use them and not get work done.

Last night had a pretty hefty headache starting and was worried it was going to slip into a full on migraine by morning. This morning I woke up to a morning full of strong cramps (CD3), bad headache and some nausea. I think alot of it has to do with the hormones and the Lupron but I also think that not sleeping as well as I could be due to anxiety could have thrown things a bit caddywumpus. After an extra 5 hours this morning a bit of a headache still lingers and some fatigue, but I'm feeling much better.

Anyone else feel really guilty when you call in sick? I wonder how much of it might have been growing up a teacher's kid and and the fact that I needed to be near death to ever miss a day. *smirk*

1 comment:

  1. I always feel guilty when I call in sick and I only do so if I'm literally *dying*. I was the kid that always wanted perfect attendance and now I'm the teacher that is trying for the same!

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete