Friday, January 23, 2009

So Thankful

Today I was able to carve out some time over the lunch hour to go visit Di at the hospice center and unlike yesterday she was alert and talking. I was able to talk with her for about 10 minutes and she grasped my hand tightly before I left and I'll never forget the look in her eyes that said thank you for coming and the warmth and strength in her hands. I am so thankful that the Lord moved my heart to go see her, even if I didn't want to "see her that way."

I have heard since that she is not doing well and her family is with her. My heart aches and tears flow - but I am SO thankful for that final chance to talk with a friend before she begins her next great journey.

Oh Di, bless you.

PS: Di's favorite color is purple and altho I'm not a huge fan of that color I'm going to set my template purple for awhile.

In fertility news, I'm just waiting to begin OPK testing - which will begin early next week... so nothing much to report.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you are going through with Di. It is so hard to know that her next journey will be starting soon. Today was a very precious moment for you. Hold on to it and keep it close to your heart. She is very lucky to have an angel like you in her life. She will be in our thoughts and prayers. What a nice tribute you have done for her on your blog.

    Best wishes on staring your OPK next week. We will also be thinking of you and praying for you too. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete